The Therapeutic Goods Administration have a search engine that contains information on the safe and effective use of prescription or specified over-the-counter medication.
This is called a Consumer Medicines Information sheet (CMI). This information is written by the pharmaceutical company (sponsor) responsible for the medicine.
A CMI includes:
- Name of the medicine
- Names of the active and inactive ingredients
- Dosage of the medicine
- What the medicine is used for and how it works
- Warnings and precautions, such as when the medicine should not be taken
- Interactions the medicine might have with food or other medicines
- How to use the medicine properly
- Side effects
- What to do in the case of an overdose
- How to store the medicine properly
- Name and address of the sponsor
- Date the CMI was last updated
Check it out in the link below!